Monday, October 10, 2011

May 2011 Walt Disney World Trip Report - Day 9

Day 9 – 5/29 – Epcot & Departure Day

We took our time packing up and checked out right about 11am. We put our luggage in the back of the SUV and headed over to Epcot. We had late lunch reservations (2pm). We started off with some family photos in front of Spaceship Earth, grabbed some FastPasses for Soarin’ and then headed over to see Captain Eo.

DW and I remember seeing Captain Eo on our honeymoon. Let’s just say, it doesn’t hold up. At all. The 3D technology was horrible, the print was dark, the special effects looked like claymation and story was pretty laughable. Plus we had to wait about 20 minutes for the show to start.

After Captain Eo we rode Figment, and DD spent some time playing with the interactive exhibit at the exit.

From there we used our Soarin’ Fastpasses…

…and headed over to Coral Reef for lunch. It’s hard to get a good photo in there, so this one is super enhanced.

After lunch we still had some time to burn before we needed to leave for the airport, so DD squeezed in another KP mission in France.

She needed some help understanding what she was supposed to be looking for here.

Right in the middle of saving the world, Serveur Amusant came out for his balancing trick. The Chef enlisted my help to get down off the table, which DD thought was hilarious (she accompanied me for moral support).

While DW shopped in China for a thank you present for the people watching our cat while we were gone, DD and I went over to Canada to catch Off Kilter. It’s another one of those things I always wanted to do but had never gotten around to. I managed to catch the second half of their last song, so I guess technically that’s done.

We took one last ride on the Friendship Boats…

…played a little bongo drums…

…and then headed for the airport. I received a text that our flight had been delayed a couple of hours, so we decided to stop at Downtown Disney so DD could pick up a souvenir at World of Disney. The parking lots were jammed full – there was some kind of dance competition going on. It was a pain to try to change shirts in the car with people blinkered hoping to take our space as soon as we were through.

We got to the airport with a little time to kill, and we lucked out to find these chairs unoccupied – they have power and USB hookups so we were able to charge our stuff for the flight home.

Our flight left around 10pm, already about 2 hours past DD’s bedtime, so she was wiped out and fell asleep on the plane.

It was well after 1am by the time we got home, but it was a great trip, and we’re looking forward to getting full use of our Annual Passes with one more trip in October before they expire!

No comments:

Post a Comment